The Perioperative Clinical Action Network (PCAN) brings together multidisciplinary surgical team members of all specialties and hospitals across the province of BC to engage in supporting local and regional solutions through implementation of surgical priorities and quality improvement efforts.
- to enable network members to explore, share, and develop strategies and ideas to support provincial surgical priorities
- to facilitate the spread of QI and innovation ideas to improve surgical care in BC
- to leverage network data to guide quality improvement opportunities provincially
Sizing it Up
Network members will connect regularly through a combination of webinars, emails and an annual BC Surgical Summit. The BC Surgical Summit will invite and include a wide range of stakeholders, including all multidisciplinary network members. The Surgical Summit agenda will include a wide range of presentations, focus on surgical priorities, and time for workshopping and engagement. Network members will also sign up to be included in newsletters and webinar communications.
Things to Know
The Perioperative Clinical Action Network (PCAN) will:
- Embrace collaboration across individuals, organizations and systems.
- Focus on quality improvement, sustainability and equity.
- Support provincial surgical priorities.
- Advocate for improvement activities that target the quadruple aim, which include:
- provider experience
- patient experience
- cost savings
- improved population health
- improve access to quality care
SSC will form the “PCAN Advisory Group” to guide network decision making and support objectives. The advisory group will include representation from the Doctors of BC, Ministry of Health, health authorities and patient representatives.
Geoff Schierbeck, Portfolio Liaison: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An initiative of the Specialist Services Committee, PCAN is also supported by the Shared Care Committee and Family Practice Services Committee—three Joint Collaborative Committees that represent a partnership of Doctors of BC and the BC Government.