As part of the Physician Master Agreement, in 2011 a $10M Labour Market Adjustment (LMA) fund was established for the SSC to distribute to Specialist Sections who were best shown to have recruitment and retention challenges.
To align with the Triple Aim and its overall mandate, the SSC added criteria that LMA funding only be used for new fees that improved quality of care. A total of nine Sections received funding.
As of April 1, 2020, based on the new PMA, management of the Labour Market Adjustment fees has been transferred to the Tariff Committee. Funding for these fees will be taken out of the SSC’s ongoing annual budget and transferred to the MSP budget.
- Develop Physician Capability
- Engage Physicians & Health Partners
- Transform Care Delivery
- Enhancing Access Initiative
- Spreading Quality Improvement
- Perioperative Clinical Action Network (PCAN)
- Quality and Innovation Projects
- SSC Fees
- Health System Redesign
- Specialists Team Care