Provide training and support to physicians, through technical resources and expertise, to lead quality improvement (QI) projects, which build QI capacity. This investment increases physician involvement in QI and enhances the delivery of quality patient care.
Sizing it Up
The Physician Quality Improvement (PQI) initiative addresses gaps in quality structures relating to physician participation in QI activities and ensures those physicians have adequate dedicated technical supports (i.e. data analysts, quality improvement advisors, etc.).
Initiatives are aligned with the health authority’s overall quality strategy, but are distinct from its Quality Assurance responsibility and mandate.
Things to Know
SSC has worked collaboratively with each health authority and physician representatives to custom design a program that meets the needs of the local HA.
Key activities include one day QI training to physicians in multiple regions of the health authority, as well as the opportunity to participate in more structured training with a cohort of your fellow physician colleagues. Funding is provided to allow physicians to work on either small or larger QI projects. Each health authority has been resourced to hire approximately six dedicated technical staff to support physicians in this endeavour.
- Fraser Health, PQI Manager, Angela Tecson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interior Health, PQI Manager, Ross Gibson email@example.com
- Island Health, PQI Manager, Jennie Aitken firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Health, PQI Regional Manager, Marna deSousa email@example.com
- Provincial Health Services, PQI Manager, Bethina Abrahams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vancouver Costal/Providence Health, PQI Manager, Selina Wong email@example.com
Aman Hundal, SSC Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org
In the News