Doctors and other health professionals now have free access to a new, online App to support pain management and opioid stewardship in their patients.
While it was designed for providers in Fraser Health, the app is freely available for health professionals around the province.
Features of the app include:
- Expert-reviewed guidance from the Fraser Health Opioid Stewardship Program
- Concise, practical summaries of guidelines and evidence for common pain syndromes
- Tailored medication information for pain management
- Tools for pain assessment and opioid dosing
- Users can quickly access up-to-date knowledge that incorporates current evidence-based information about analgesics and pain management and opioid use – which no other app offers.
Its content is applicable to all providers in BC, but formulary status information is accurate only for Fraser Health.
The App was developed by the Fraser Health Opioid Stewardship Program in collaboration with Firstline, and funded through the Fraser Health Overdose Response & Vulnerable Populations Committee. Clinical pharmacists Drs Kseniya Chernushkin and Karen Ng created the app as part of their Specialist Services Committee PQI Cohort 10 project, which aimed to provide pain management and opioid stewardship education to 25% of prescribers and pharmacists in Fraser Health by December 2023.
The app’s tools were compiled and reviewed by local clinical pharmacy specialists, physicians, and the FH Opioid Stewardship Advisory Committee.
Information in the App will be updated on an ongoing basis and currently includes:
- 51 drug monographs
- 4 drug class monographs
- 17 guidelines
- 12 assessment tools/ calculators
Its content is applicable to all providers in BC, but formulary status information is accurate only for Fraser Health Authority.