Posted on Nov 8, 2021
Join more than 1,100 physicians across the province who have completed quality improvement (QI) training to get hands-on QI experience, lead learning action projects, and contribute to creating a QI culture.
Delivered regionally through health authorities, SSC's Physician Quality Improvement (PQI) initiative offers three levels of training whereby physicians:
- PQI Level 1: complete three self-paced online courses (5 hours).
- PQI Level 2: develop fundamental QI skills in workshops (1-2 day; in-person/virtual).
- PQI Level 3: engage in interactive lectures, group activities, and workshops, as well as conduct a learning action project (10-12 months; in-person/virtual).
Physicians can get started with level 1 which is comprised of:
- QI 101: Introduction to Health Care Improvement
- QI 102: How to Improve with the Model for Improvement
- QI 103: Testing and Measuring Changes with PDSA Cycles
- Presentation by Dr Don Berwick: Overview of QI in Healthcare
Physicians are eligible for five hours of sessional payment upon completion of PQI Level 1 Training.
Enroll in level 1 by contacting SSC PQI or your regional PQI team: FHA, IHA, PHSA, NHA, VCH, VIHA.