The Specialist Services Committee (SSC) will be sponsoring Specialist Physicians to attend the Canadian Conference on Physician Leadership. The conference takes place in Vancouver from May 31 to June 1, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
A key SSC goal is to support specialists who lead and participate in quality improvement and innovation initiatives to enhance patient care. Your leadership is critical to implementing and sustaining positive change in the healthcare system. The SSC is sponsoring your attendance to this conference, and one optional pre-conference course or workshop offered on May 29 and 30.
Space is limited, so please register as soon as possible:
- Register directly with the Canadian Medical Association and pay for the conference up front to ensure a spot at: http://www.cspexecs.com/2013leadership/registration.php
- After registration, inform the BCMA of your intent to attend or if you end up delegating your seat to another colleague to attend in your place (refer to contact info below), and
- After the conference, submit this sponsor letter, your claim form and original receipts to the BCMA for reimbursement, to the attention of Tania Hooper.
For this particular conference, no pre-approval from your health authority is required as the SSC is endorsing this conference. The SSC will reimburse you for the following:
- Conference cost (up to $997.50),
- Optional - One pre-conference course or workshop (up to $2,084.25), and
- Travel, accommodation, and related costs (according to BCMA travel reimbursement policy).
- No honorarium will be provided for participating in the conference or time away from practice.
For further information regarding reimbursement and to inform the BCMA of your intent to attend, please contact Tania Hooper at email@example.com or (phone) 604-638-2861 or (fax) 604-638-2922.