SSC is focused on three main areas:
- Engaging Physicians: Support structures and venues for physicians to discuss, prioritize and act on system improvement opportunities
- Enabling Health System Improvement: Fund and support physicians in quality improvement initiatives, and promote spread
- Supporting Physicians: Deliver Quality Care: Build physician capacity in leadership and quality improvement skills; incent physicians to improve access and coordination of care; and provide staff resources to support physicians and initiatives
For more information, review Specialists Services Committee 2016 to 2019 Three Year Strategic Plan
SSC is guided by the Triple Aim:
- Improve the patient experience of care (including quality and satisfaction);
- Improve the health of populations; and
- Reduce or at least maintain the per capita cost of health care.
The Specialist Services Committee (SSC) is one of four joint collaborative committees that represent a partnership of the Government of BC and Doctors of BC, and includes regular representation from health authorities. SSC formed in 2006 under the Physician Master Agreement to help Doctors of BC, BC government and health authorities collaborate on the delivery of specialist services and support improvement of the specialist care system in BC.
Four joint collaborative committees: