Where do specialists fit in the direction being taken with BC’s health care? The future is currently being defined and specialists can have a hand in shaping it. As a first step towards action – please join us for the Specialist Symposium: Shaping the Future of Specialist Care in BC being held by the Specialist Services Committee (a joint partnership of Doctors of BC and the Ministry of Health), and the Specialists of BC. Specialists and GPs attending will be supported through reimbursement of travel, accommodation and sessional time.
Registation opens soon: Click here to be notified when it opens.
Please note: Specialists of BC is hosting an event the following morning, Saturday January 19. Plans are still evolving and more information will be available soon.
The purpose of this symposium is to create a space to hold substantive discussions and gather feedback from front-line and champion specialist-physicians around current work underway, and future priorities, including:
- Increasing Efficiencies within the System and Team Based Care: Come and hear from other front-line physician leaders and participate in discussions around how we can make meaningful improvements in care including: Improving patient access to consult and care, efficiencies in patient flow in acute settings, and how virtual, team based care is being used to support rural & remote physicians and patients.
- Provincial Priorities and Core Initiatives in BC: This event will offer participants an opportunity to hear presentations from health systems leaders around large-scale priorities including: Patient Medical Homes/PrimaryCare Networks, Ministry of Health Surgical Strategy and other SSC provincial initiatives.
- Physician Wellness: Hear from local groups currently working on tackling this issue in BC and participate in dialogue to help us answer – What is working? What else needs to be done?
Who should attend
• All specialists practicing in BC: Although specialist practice styles and care vary substantially across jurisdictions the day will be relevant to any BC specialist.
• System Partners: This includes representation from Health Authorities and the Ministry of Health.
Have your voice heard
As we continue to plan this event, help us shape the day by telling us what topics are of most importance to you. Click here to provide your feedback.