Where do specialists fit in the direction being taken with BC’s health care? The future is currently being defined and specialists can have a hand in shaping it. As a first step towards action – please join us for the Specialist Symposium: Shaping the Future of Specialist Care in BC being held by the Specialist Services Committee (a joint partnership of Doctors of BC and the Ministry of Health), and the Specialists of BC. Specialists and GPs attending will be supported through reimbursement of travel, accommodation and sessional time.
Please note: Specialists of BC is hosting an event the following morning, Saturday January 19. Plans are still evolving and more information will be available soon.
The purpose of this symposium is to create a space to hold substantive discussions and gather feedback from front-line and champion specialist-physicians around current work underway, and future priorities, including:
- Increasing Efficiencies within the System and Team Based Care: Come and hear from other front-line physician leaders and participate in discussions around how we can make meaningful improvements in care including: Improving patient access to consult and care, efficiencies in patient flow in acute settings, and how virtual, team based care is being used to support rural & remote physicians and patients.
- Provincial Priorities and Core Initiatives in BC: This event will offer participants an opportunity to hear presentations from health systems leaders around large-scale priorities including: Patient Medical Homes/PrimaryCare Networks, Ministry of Health Surgical Strategy and other SSC provincial initiatives.
- Physician Wellness: Hear from local groups currently working on tackling this issue in BC and participate in dialogue to help us answer – What is working? What else needs to be done?
Who should attend
• All specialists practicing in BC: Although specialist practice styles and care vary substantially across jurisdictions the day will be relevant to any BC specialist.
• System Partners: This includes representation from Health Authorities and the Ministry of Health.
Interested in other upcoming events? Book your spot for the JCC Pre-Forum Event, Feb 26! The JCC day provides the opportunity to share and learn, featuring the work of physicians and health care partners involved in the JCC health care improvement across BC with 40+ presentations and storyboards. And there’s still time to feature your JCC project. Please submit your storyboard abstract (by Dec 19) here. The JCCs will sponsor registration, travel and sessional fees for any practicing physician who wishes to attend. Sponsorship also covers the Quality Forum’s main two-day program. Please contact JCC@doctorsofbc.ca to receive your sponsorship code. Click here to register.