- Who should I talk to within my Health Authority to endorse my application for leadership training scholarship funding?
- You may contact your Department Head or other administrative head within your Health Authority to obtain Vice President of Medicine endorsement
- Why is Health Authority endorsement of my application required in order to attend a leadership course?
- The purpose of the leadership training scholarships is to support Specialist Physicians who will be undertaking leadership activities approved by the Health Authority, such as participating or leading health system redesign initiatives, or taking on leadership positions within the health authority (e.g. department head). Health Authority endorsement is needed to help identify which Specialists are interested in taking on leadership activities and to help ensure that Specialists are obtaining the appropriate training.
- Can the scholarship funding be provided to me prior to participating in the leadership course?
- No. Eligible expenses and tuition are not payable until the course or conference has been successfully completed. Submission of receipts will be required for reimbursement.
- Is there a recommended list of courses and conferences?
- There is no specific list of recommended courses or conferences. You may wish to ask your department head or the VP of Medicine of your Health Authority for suggestions.
The following is a list of popular courses attended by the scholarship physicians. We have indicated the complexity level, according to the institution:
*Please note these courses are not pre-approved and will still require an application for scholarship funding.