Physicians invited to participate in Health Authority initiated projects relating to system redesign will be compensated at the current sessional rate for their participation.
- What types of Health Authority activities are funded to support physician engagement?
- To ensure physician perspectives are captured in the health system redesign activities taking place across Health Authorities, a limited amount of funding has been made available to engage physicians in approved Health Authority System Redesign projects. The scope of successful projects and initiatives include projects that identify goals of improving health outcomes for priority patient population with complex needs, seniors, mental health and substance abuse, surgical care, end of life care, improving patient experience of care and projects that reduce waste and improve patient safety, quality and better outcomes.
- How do I participate in an approved project?
- Health Authority staff will connect with physicians in redesign activities for designated projects. If you are interested in participating in projects, you may make your interest known through your department heads.
- I am a contracted or salaried physician, am I eligible to receive payment for the redesign work I am engaged in?
- Yes, where the project work you are involved in is outside the scope of your contract, whether outside of the specified hours or deliverables.